Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Mean Girls

TTT is the weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  What's this week's theme?  I'll tell you!  Keep your pants on.  No, seriously, this is a PG rated blog, keep em on!  ;)


Top Ten Mean Girls in Books



1.)  Bellatrix Lestrange.  Gosh, I hate her.  She's plain crazy evil.



2.)  Professor Umbridge.  I realize these first two are from Harry Potter, don't worry, I will pick Mean Girls from other books, these two just irk me the most.  The unfairness of it all, rages!, that's why I hated Umbridge.  She's so unfair!  AND!  And! tortures students!!!!  


3.)  The White Witch, Jadis from The Chronicles of Narnia.  *shivers*  Cruel, selfish, tyrant.


4.)  Mrs. Coulter from His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.  She wanted to separate children from their souls.  How much more of a monster can you be?  The scene in The Golden Compass where Lyra and Pan almost get separated made me cry.  I wasn't a fan of Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter, mostly because she's supposed to have dark hair, but whatever, that movie was a huge disappointment anyway.

Warning: Spoiler Alert


5.)  Akito from Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya


6.) The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum.


7.)  The wicked Stepmother from almost any version of Cinderella.


8.)  Veronica diAngelo from The Saddle Club series by Bonnie Bryant.


9.)  Ms. Caroline Bingley of Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.


10.)  Nellie Oleson from The Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.



I noticed that a lot of the answers for this topic are the same, there is a woeful lacking of female antagonists in books it seems.  Seems a disservice.  Edited to add:  I seem to have misunderstood the topic and went for mean girls that were the bad guy, when there would have been a slew more of choices if I had understood correctly.. mean girls doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be the antagonist.  Oh well!  *g*



No comments:

Post a Comment