Saturday, April 30, 2011

Stanza Saturday (2)


A weekly blogging event from Denim-Jacket Librarian Dishes to share some poetry, be it from a favorite book or one borrowed from the library.  Your mission should you accept it is to find a book of poetry, open to a random page and post the first poem you see.  If the poem is longer than you think people may be wanting to read, include just the first stanza or your favorite stanza but be sure to include the poem's title, the book's title and of course the poet him or herself.

This week I just chose my favorite poem, because I really only have the one Robert Frost poetry book.  So, there you have it.  I missed last week because of the busyness of family adventures of Easter.

He Wishes For the Clothes of Heaven 
by William Butler Yeats


Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,

Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment