Monday, April 18, 2011

Ten Things I Love About You


"Ten Things You Should Know About This Book
1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.
2. Annabel Winslow's family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind AND The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.
3. Sebastian's Uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.
4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.
5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.
6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.
7 is shocking, 8 is delicious, and 9 is downright wicked, all of which lead way to
10. Happily. Ever. After."


Ten Things I Love About You is authored by one of my very favorites of romance authors, Julia Quinn.  It took me too long to get to reading this book since it came out almost a year ago in June of 2010 (what's wrong with me?)!  She could possibly be my favorite.  Yes, actually, she is my favorite.  Coming in a close second is Eloisa James.  They both write mostly Regency Romances, those set in time period between the years 1811-1820, these stories are full of balls, scandals and wickedly seductive rogues and beautiful debutantes.  My favorite romances!


I have only one complaint about this book, and that is the fact that I had to wait so long for Sebastian and Annabel to do more than kiss.  Okay, maybe there is two complaints, the middle got to be a little long, (although 377 pages of Julia Quinn is not really enough), but considering it took me only three days of reading to finish it, one could successfully say that I got sucked in.  Since books lately have been taking me more like a week to complete.  I loved Sebastian's secret, it's the main reason I love Julia Quinn so much is that her stories are always so amusing and so funny.


I almost always have laughed out loud while reading her books!  It makes her stories fun to read and therefore I blow through them!  Not to mention the fact that they almost always leave me with fuzzy feelings when I am done reading them (until I come back to earth and reality that is, where life isn't so romantic).  


Basically, Ten Things I Love About You is another wonderful classic Julia Quinn.  I always recommend her as she has yet to disappoint.  Honestly.


4 Stars (★)/ out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment