Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wolf-Speaker { The Immortals #2 }

Title: Wolf-Speaker
Author: Tamora Pierce
Ideal Age Range: Young Adult
Mass Market Paperback: 304 Pages
Copyright Date: 1994
Blurb: When humans start cutting down trees and digging holes in peaceful Dunlath Valley, the wolves know that something is wrong. They send a messenger to the only human who will listen -- Daine, a fourteen-year-old girl with the unpredictable power of wild magic. Daine and her closest companions heed the wolves' cry for help. But the challenge they are about to face in the valley is greater than they can possibly imagine...
My Rating:(★★★★) I'll tell you why this is my least favorite of the Immortals series. How much is Numair in this book? Like 3 % of the time. I may be over-exaggerating, since I tend to do that, but seriously? I like his character and he is stuck OUTside of the valley for almost 200 pages. I understand that there must be some conflict, but, but, but! *sigh*
I still enjoy reading about Daine and her mortal and immortal friends and how they save the day. I need to reread Protector of the Small because I don't remember a lot about those books either, but I noticed in this reread that Tamora Pierce's Tortall main characters are pretty much all Gods blessed characters. It would be interesting in my mind, to read a book set in Tortall where the character's life wasn't filled with the Gods meddling in there life. I'm not really complaining because I love these books, but it would be fair interesting.
Quotes: "I think it's fair rude to make him a tree and not know what kind he is.”
Similar Titles: Wild MagicEmperor Mage, and Realms of the Gods by Tamora Pierce
What I’m Reading Next: Eldest by Christopher Paolini.

☆«·´`·.¸★☆★¸.·´`·»☆
My Rating System:
★ = didn’t like it
★★ = it was ok
★★★ = liked it
★★★★ = really liked it
★★★★★ = it was amazing
© demureconnoisseur/ Stacy Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment