Sunday, July 4, 2010

Movie VS Book
Title: Twilight // Twilight
Year Released: 2008 // 2005
Directed By / Written By: Catherine Hardwicke // Stephenie Meyer
Winner: The book!
Reason: Other than eye-candy in the form of vampire boys, the movie really had hardly anything to hold up to the book. And I only gave the book 3 stars. When I heard the quotes from the book out loud, spoken by a glittering immortal, I blanched. They sounded so horribly corny as they tumbled from his molded lips. I just sat there in astonishment.
I did, however, enjoy the soundtrack. It made the movie so much more entertaining and fun to watch! I honestly think it’s one of the better movie soundtracks that I own, and that’s saying a lot because soundtracks are my favorite type of CD to buy.
I don’t mind Robert Pattinson in the role of Edward, I think he did a pretty decent job. I am not sold on Kristen Stewart. At all. I don’t know why, there are times when I just think she doesn’t really care about the character that she is playing and then other times I just don’t think she can act. Period.
I think the actor that plays Bella’s father, Charlie, is great. I think that he is my favorite out of the entire movie, one of my favorite parts of the movie is when he’s cleaning his gun and Edward wants to formally introduce himself to Bella’s father.
I already put my thoughts down about the book earlier today. So, I won’t recount them here because that would be a waste of everyone’s time, including my own!
What did you think of the Book VS the Movie? Did you like one better than the other? If so, which?
My Movie Rating: (★★)
☆«·´`·.¸★☆★¸.·´`·»☆
My Rating System:
★ = didn’t like it
★★ = it was ok
★★★ = liked it
★★★★ = really liked it
★★★★★ = it was amazing
© demureconnoisseur/ Stacy Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment