Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Title: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
Author: Stephanie Meyer
Ideal Age Range: Tween/Teen
Hardcover: 178 pages
Blurb: I watched his body change.  He crouched on the roof, one hand gripping the edge.  All that strange friendliness disappeared, and he was a hunter.  That was something I recognized, something I was comfortable with because I understood it.
I turned off my brain.  It was time to hunt, I took a deep breath, drawing in the scent of the blood inside the humans below.  They weren’t the only humans around, but they were the closest.  Who you were going to hunt was the kind of decision you had to make before you scented your prey.
It was too late now to choose anything.
Synopsis: This novella by Stephenie Meyer tells the story of the teenager Bree Tanner and her short life after death as a vampire.  We met her for a brief period (very brief) in Eclipse.  This story tells of what happened with the vampires that Riley and Victoria “recruited” to join their army of newborns and how she was quite different from the others even though it didn’t help her much in the end.
My Rating:(★★I am not upset that I read this book, but I am glad that it was only a novella and that Stephenie Meyer hadn’t tried to make it into a full length novel, because there really wasn’t that much substance to the story to carry on that length of tome.  There wasn’t that much to it, and it really didn’t take me long to finish the book.  Her writing is very easy to read, almost too easy sometimes, almost like it’s missing something, but the ease of the read makes it entertaining in any case.
If you don’t want to have to engage your brain too fully in order to understand what’s going on in this story, you really don’t have to, it’s easy to follow along without really trying.
My final verdict would be that although I didn’t find much to not like about it, I feel like the world could have lived without it being published and not missed out on anything.
Quotes: “Super-secret ninja club sounds way cooler than the whole BFF thing.”
☆«·´`·.¸★☆★¸.·´`·»☆
My Rating System:
★ = didn’t like it
★★ = it was ok
★★★ = liked it
★★★★ = really liked it
★★★★★ = it was amazing
© demureconnoisseur/ Stacy Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment