Sunday, September 12, 2010

Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume I

Title: Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume I
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Art and Adaptation: Young Kim
Ideal Age Range: Young Adult
Mass Market Paperback: 224 Pages
Blurb: When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret... Beautifully rendered, this first installment ofTwilight: The Graphic Novel is a must-have for any collector’s library.
My Rating:(★★★) Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume I is beautifully drawn, easy to read and follow and is basically like a simplified version of Twilight without so much of the gushing about Edward’s good looks.  It’s only the first half of the story though, with only rumors as to when the next volume will be released.  I agree with the blurb from the book description that it is probably a “must-have for any collector’s library”, but on the other hand it seems like just another cash vehicle for Stephanie Meyer to make even more money than she already has for the books that have become such a huge teen phenomenon.
If you like Young Kim’s work, I’d say pick it up for a read, at least to enjoy her artwork.  She doesn’t take her creative license from the movies so if you hate the way Edward or Bella look in the movies; you won’t be upset about the characterization from the graphic novel.
I enjoyed at least a few different sequences in the graphic novel, there is one point where they show the change of Edward’s eyes from the sated gold to the thirsty black that I thought was a great portrayal, and I did like the meadow scene, if only because it was full of color.  If you hate Twilight, or don’t like graphic novels in the least, it obviously wouldn’t be worth your time.
Quotes: “What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?”

☆«·´`·.¸★☆★¸.·´`·»☆
My Rating System:
★ = didn’t like it
★★ = it was ok
★★★ = liked it
★★★★ = really liked it
★★★★★ = it was amazing
© demureconnoisseur/ Stacy Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment