Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bitten { Women of the Otherworld #1 }

Title: Bitten
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Ideal Age Range: Adult
Mass Market Paperback: 384 Pages
Blurb: “Elena Michaels seems like the typically strong and sexy modern woman.  She lives with her architect boyfriend, writes for a popular newspaper, and works out at the gym.  She’s also a werewolf.
Elena has done all she can to assimilate to the human world, but the man whose bite changed her existence forever, and his legacy, continue to haunt her.  Thrown into a desperate war for survival that tests her allegiance to a secret clan of werewolves, Elena must reckon with who and what, she is in this passionate, page-turning novel.
My Rating:(★★★★★Such a great debut novel from the Canadian author, Kelley Armstrong!  I honestly blew through this novel right when it came out, and have been ravenously eating through her other Women of the Otherworld books as soon as they hit the bookstore’s shelves!
The books that she has based on Elena Michaels are by far my very favorite!  I love her ability to take our modern world and make it fantastical and yet so very realistic with her flair for writing supernatural fiction that includes Werewolves, Witches and Half-Demons.
Elena is such a strong and beautiful main character, and yet she has flaws.  She doesn’t like the werewolf aspect of herself, she doesn’t want to accept it, she just has to live with it.  She is angry with the one who made her the way she is and she doesn’t want to work through that anger, she’d rather ignore the fact that he exists and try to live a “Normal” life.  She tries really hard to live that normal life too, but she can’t deny her werewolf nature.
I believe that Kelley Armstrong’s novels are the reason why I don’t have a problem reading books in the first person narrative anymore.  I used have issue with reading, “I did this”, and “I did that”.  No longer!  I actually like first person narrative fiction so much now!  So many of the books that I have read lately have been in the first person as well, so it’s a good thing that I don’t mind them anymore.  Else I may never have picked up The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins or even Twilight by Stephanie Meyer.
I recommend Kelley Armstrong’s books to anyone that happens to love paranormal fiction or Paranormal Romance.  They do have some surprisingly graphic scenes, which is why they are geared more to the adult reader than the young adult reader.  Although, I’m sure that an older teen would still possibly enjoy them as well.  J They have not let me down so far, and I doubt they will let you down.
Quotes: “I could start a fire.” “I could start one too,” Clay said.  “With your clothes.  Before you get them off.”
Similar Titles: Stolen by Kelley Armstrong, Broken by Kelley Armstrong, Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong
What I’m Reading Next: Still reading Eldest by Christopher Paolini

☆«·´`·.¸★☆★¸.·´`·»☆
My Rating System:
★ = didn’t like it
★★ = it was ok
★★★ = liked it
★★★★ = really liked it
★★★★★ = it was amazing
© demureconnoisseur/ Stacy Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment