Sunday, September 26, 2010

Prince of Persia (2010)

Title: Prince of Persia (2010)
Director: Mike Newell
Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action
Length: 116 Minutes
Tagline: Defy the Future
Synopsis: A young fugitive prince and princess must stop a villain who unknowingly threatens to destroy the world with a special dagger that enables the magic sand inside to reverse time.
My Rating:(★★★★★) I really enjoyed “Prince of Persia”.  I only regret that I didn’t get to see it on the big screen.  I didn’t get to see several of the summer blockbusters this past year that I wanted to see in theaters.  What with my employer closing their doors and being pregnant with my first child, I had a lot on my mind and hands during the busy time for the movies.
I rented “Prince of Persia” on Blu-Ray from our closest Redbox.  I used to hate the idea of Redbox and Netflix, mostly because I saw what the brands were doing to the company I worked for (Hollywood Entertainment).  I saw my employer going down the drain as they raised rental prices when their were options out there for people that were more convenient and less expensive without the threat of huge fines if their rental was brought back late.
I see the positives of Redbox and Netflix now, and use them frequently since losing my job in May.  Redbox when I don’t want to wait for my choice to come in the mail and Netflix for online streaming Television shows and other movies that I am willing to wait for.
Back to “Prince of Persia”.  I rented it on Blu-ray, like I said, paid the $1.50 from Redbox in order to take it home where I watched it while my son napped next to me on the loveseat.
The only thing I rolled my eyes at during the movie were some of the silly lines that Jake Gyllenhaal says near the beginning of the movie.  Otherwise, I really thought that the movie was fun, exciting, adventure filled and I really adore Mr. Gyllenhaal in most of the movies that I have seen him in.  I’m looking forward to seeing him in “Love and Other Drugs” later in November.
The special effects were amazing; the scenery beautiful (and probably all fake), the story was fun to follow and the movie was full of beautiful people who can actually act.  I enjoyed Sir Ben Kingsley as Nizamas well as Gemma Arterton as Tamina, and obviously Jake Gyllenhaal as Prince Dastan.
I won’t give any of the plot/storyline away by talking about it.  I wonder if I liked it so much because I used to play the 2D video game back in the day on our old Amiga (if I remember correctly), or because it just fits in the mold of the kind of movies that I have always adored since I was little?  They have to have an element of fantasy, a dash of adventure, faraway locales and a good looking main character doesn’t hurt either.
A clue that I liked it?  My husband came home with 5 minutes left of the movie, and I started it over immediately and watched it with him.
Quotes:
Prince Dastan: Difficult, not impossible.
Tamina: All more proof you're insane.
Prince Dastan: Why do you look so impressed?
☆«·´`·.¸★☆★¸.·´`·»☆
My Rating System:
★ = didn’t like it
★★ = it was ok
★★★ = liked it
★★★★ = really liked it
★★★★★ = it was amazing
© demureconnoisseur/ Stacy Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment