Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Woman Who Rides Like A Man { Song of the Lioness #3 } [Audiobook]

Title: The Woman Who Rides Like A Man {Book 3 of the Song of the Lioness Quartet}
Author: Tamora Pierce
Ideal Age Range: Ages 11 and up
Audiobook: 5 hours 33 Min (5 CDS)
Narrated by: Trini Alvarado
Synopsis: This third book in the Song of the Lioness quartet continues Alanna's saga as she strikes out alone and discovers herself anew.
A knight at last, Alanna of Trebond heads out to seek adventure in the desert of Tortall. Captured by desert tribesmen, she is forced to prove herself in a magical duel to the death. But her real challenge doesn't come until after she wins. As the first female shaman, Alanna must fight to change the ancient traditions of the stubborn desert tribes -- for their own sake and for the sake of all Tortall.

My Rating:(★★★★★)  I love The Woman Who Rides Like A Man by Tamora Pierce (as evident by all of my other reviews of her books), this quartet is definitely my favorite.  I love the characters, I love the story because there is never a dull moment when you are reading or even listening to it.  I enjoy it also because Alanna is turning into a more mature adult and evolving into the deep character that I love.
The audio book is wonderful just like the previous two in the series, and Trini Alvarado does a wonderful job keeping consistent with the voice accents that she uses for the different characters and I really appreciate that. 
I’ve already started Lioness Rampant on audio book and noticed immediately that Trini Alvarado has changed the way that she reads Faithful, which kind of bugs me. :/
It is easy to say that I’ll get over that though, and just as easily to say that I enjoyed The Woman Who Rides Like A Man on audio book.
Happy listening/Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment