Sunday, February 5, 2012

Yours Until Dawn

Title:  Yours Until Dawn
Author: Teresa Medeiros
Ideal Age Range: Adult
Mass Market Paperback: 373 pages
Copyright Date: 2004
Blurb: Gabriel Fairchild's valor during battle earns him the reputation of hero, but costs him both his sight and his hope for the future.  Abandoned by the fiancee he adored, the man who once walked like a prince among London's elite secludes himself in his family's mansion, cursing his way through dark days and darker nights.
Prim nurse Samantha Wickersham arrives at Fairchild Park to find her new charge behaving more like a beast than a man.  Determined to do her duty, she engages the arrogant earl in a battle of both wits and wills.  Although he claims she doesn't possess an once of womanly softness, she can feel his heart racing at her slightest touch.  As Samantha begins to let the light back into Gabriel's life and his heart, they both discover that some secrets-and some pleasures-are best explored in the dark...
«·´`·.¸★☆★¸.·´`·»
My Rating: (★★★)  I went into Yours Until Dawn not even having read the back blurb.  I just knew that when I first started reading the romance genre that Teresa was one of my first favorites.  She was joined in the ranks by others, like, Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Christina Dodd.  I love Regency romances.  The balls, the dresses, the clandestine walks in the garden under the moonlight where gentlemen steal kisses from young ladies.
Well, there's only one ball in Yours Until Dawn, and it's not a glamourous event, it's really not much to speak of since it occurs in the last few chapters.  But, I didn't find the novel lacking because of the hole made by the absence of fetes. I didn't really find the book lacking in anything but I wasn't completely enamored with it, sadly, hence the three stars.  I did enjoy it though, just didn't love it.
I guessed the twist in the story about half way through, I enjoyed the characters and the story was believable and rich in detail.  I can't even find anything that I didn't like about it.  Overall, I'd suggest it to other romance fans, especially Regency Romance fans.  <3
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment