Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Secret


Title:  The Secret
Author: Rhonda Byrne
Ideal Age Range: Any
Mass Market Paperback: 198 pages
Copyright Date:  November 2006
Blurb: Fragments of a Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation that will be life-transforming for all who experience it.
In this book, you'll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life -- money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You'll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that's within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life.
The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers -- men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible.
«·´`·.¸★☆★¸.·´`·»
My Rating: (★★★)  I borrowed The Secret by Rhonda Byrne from the library, even though I own a copy of it …somewhere.  I’ve owned it for years and had never read it.  Now that I have read it, I feel reminded that positive thoughts attract more positive thoughts and vice versa with negative thoughts.  The thing is..  is that I’ve always thought this.

The Secret did not really teach me anything new; the lesson is the same that I learned in high school when I went to a Unity church.  Only there it was in the form of Affirm It, Believe It, Be It.  Instead of The Secret’s Ask, Believe, Receive.  In any case it was a good refresher and a positive influence because it’s easy to get bogged down in the negative.

The Secret gets a little repetitive in it’s rhetoric, but at least it drills home it’s point.  It’s definitely a positive book and mostly an easy and short read.  I’m glad I finally read it.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment