Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)

Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Director: David Yates
Rating: PG-13
Length: 146 Minutes
Tagline: The End Begins/ It All Ends Here/ Nowhere is Safe
Synopsis: Voldemort's power is growing stronger. He now has control over the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts. Harry, Ron, and Hermione decide to finish Dumbledore's work and find the rest of the Horcruxes to defeat the Dark Lord. But little hope remains for the Trio, and the rest of the Wizarding World, so everything they do must go as planned. Written by Chris Green.
My Rating:(★★★★★) It’s been awhile since I have read the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows so I can’t write a comparison review until I reread the books.  I’ve only read them all once as they came out, so I don’t remember the detailed specifics of each story and the sub-stories of each book.
I’m putting on hold my reading of Cornelia Funke’s Inkheart because I haven’t had the chance to read since I had our son in early October, and now I want to reread Harry Potter and since it is crowding out my desire to read Inkheart, that’s what I will do.
The movie was, in short, amazing.  It is so much darker than the previous movies, even Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which I thought was pretty dark for what is considered a “family” movie.  HP7 made me cry within the first ten minutes and several times throughout the movie.  There is a lot of death, darkness and adventure.
I would have to say my favorite part of the movie was the story of the Deathly Hallows, narrated by Hermione Granger, it was visually stunning and a great story in and of itself.  The only thing I didn’t really enjoy about the movie (other than the obvious deaths of innocent people which you can’t take out of the story because it’s part of the story and partially makes it what it is) was that a few times it seemed to drag on a little bit while they were out in the wilderness searching for the Horcruxes.
I can’t wait until the final installment! And until then, I will be rereading the books to re-familiarize myself with all the subplots that I have forgotten, plus I think I sped through Deathly Hallows the first time I read it because I just wanted to find out what happened, I didn’t relax and just enjoy the story.  I’m looking forward to re-reading them.
Quotes: Dobby, “Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim, or seriously injure!”

☆«·´`·.¸★☆★¸.·´`·»☆
My Rating System:
★ = didn’t like it
★★ = it was ok
★★★ = liked it
★★★★ = really liked it
★★★★★ = it was amazing
© demureconnoisseur/ Stacy Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment